Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Coffee Rub

You've seen it in several previous posts: Sizzle Grove's favorite dry rub ingredient for large chunks of meat, particularly brisket or other large beef roasts.  We're coffee addicts. Here's a convenient recipe for coffee spice rub:

1.5 tsp Ground coffee
4 tbsp Brown sugar
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Black pepper
0.5 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Onion powder
1 tsp Garlic powder
Pinch Cayenne or hot pure chili powder
1 tsp Smoked paprika

In case you need some inspiration... try this rub on a smoked roast beef!  Just apply rub on a beef roast, cook for about 45 minutes a pound at 225 Fahrenheit (for medium-rare), turning at even intervals, and baste every hour with a mix of 75% balsamic vinegar to 25% olive oil, plus crushed garlic and a dash of coffee.



Raw + dry rub:
Pictured on left
                            Fully cooked:
                            Pictured on right

2 comments:

MysticHarpooner said...

Hey Nick,

My name is Gregory Post. First off, I love your blog!! I just acquired my first smoker after years of standard charcoal and propane grilling. This sit has been a great tool in my adventures and I was wondering if you would like any contributions from my area of expertise (independent New England craft breweries). I would request no compensation and would promote the heck out of this blog. I would be willing to contribute as many beer reviews as necessary and could suggest food options for possible pairing. However I can help the Sizzle...sizzle.....would be wonderful.

All the best and keep firing up!

Posty

Nick said...

Hey Gregory, thanks for commenting! I'm delighted that you've enjoyed reading Sizzle Grove. We welcome reader contributions very enthusiastically, and if you'd wish to contribute beer reviews, brewery reviews, barbecue recipes, or cooking with beer recipes, we would be ecstatic! Send any submissions to the temporary email address ndplasty@hotmail.com - please send pictures too, as long as you took them or have the rights to them.

Let me know if you have a related blog as well, as Sizzle Grove is big on reciprocal promotion.