Sometimes your friends won't show up to your barbecue. What the hell is wrong with them? Morons. Oh well, so you've got some leftover pulled pork from the 8 pound shoulder you barbecued yesterday. So you're out of cole slaw. So you're out of rolls. You can still make an awesome meal.
Enchiladas are one of the BEST things to make with leftover barbecue, particularly pulled pork or smokey brisket.
Here's what you need:
*Leftover pulled pork
*Shredded cheddar cheese
*Grated pecorino romano, or other salty hard cheese
*Soft corn tortillas
*A shallow baking pan
*Plenty of Peppery Tomato Barbecue Sauce
Here's what you do:
1. As many enchiladas as you wish to make, take that number of tortillas and put them on a microwaveable dish. Put a dab of water around the dish and microwave for about 30 seconds. This will soften the tortillas.
2. Spread a very thin layer of Peppery Tomato Barbecue Sauce around the bottom of your baking dish.
3. Take a small amount of pulled pork and a small amount of pecorino romano cheese and fill each tortilla... the amount varies based on the size of your tortillas, but make it just enough that you can roll up each tortilla around the filling.
4. After filling each tortilla, place in baking dish lined with small amount of sauce.
5. Pour a generous amount of sauce over all the enchiladas, enough that they're not drenched, but are thoroughly sauced. Sprinkle generously with cheddar, to your liking.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for only about 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbling. Serve with crispy onion rings or Mexican beans and rice.