|Tomatoes being smoked on right|
Four medium tomatoes
Handful chopped basil (about 1/2 cup)
Dash of black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
Dash of balsamic vinegar
1. Remove the tops of tomatoes and sprinkle with salt.
2. Put tomatoes on smoker at a medium heat, around 300 F or so.
3. Allow to smoke until skin begins to peel, but tomatoes are still slightly firm in the middle. Remove and let cool.
4. Grate or press a clove of garlic in a small container. Drizzle on a dash of balsamic vinegar.
5. Mix in chopped basil, another light sprinkling of salt, olive oil, and a few twists of black pepper.
6. Chop up tomatoes, mix into the container, and enjoy with some grilled eggplant.