Finally more fan recipes! Though we don't have photos to include for this one, here is another jerk chicken recipe from Sizzle Grove friend Russ. This guy knows his smoked meatses.
1 tbsp Ground allspice
1 tbsp Dried thyme
1 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp Ground sage
3/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp Garlic powder or fresh
1 tbsp Sugar
1/4 cup Olive oil
1/4 cup Soy sauce
3/4 cup White Vinegar
1/2 cup Orange juice
1 Lime juice
1 Scotch bonnet pepper (habanero)
3 Green onions -- finely chopped
1 cup Onion -- finely chopped
4 to 6 chicken breasts
1. Seed and finely chop Scotch Bonnet pepper.
2. Trim chicken of fat.
3. In a large bowl, combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder and sugar. With a wire whisk, slowly add the olive oil, say sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice.
4. Add the Scotch Bonnet pepper, onion, and mix well.
5. Add the chicken breasts, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, longer if possible.
6. Preheat an outdoor grill.
7. Remove the breasts from the marinade and grill for 6 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. While grilling, baste with the marinade. Bring the leftover marinade to a boil and serve on the side for dipping.
Note: Scotch Bonnet chilis are some of the hottest of the capsicum peppers; they're truly incendiary. Substitute serranos or Thai Bird chilis if you can't find them.