Here's another recipe inspired by Asian restaurant-style spare ribs, cooked with American barbecue methods. Ginger-spiced spare ribs... not to be confused with the British pop "singer."
Cook time four hours.
1 full rack of spare ribs
1.5 tbsp soy sauce
1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
Plenty of Rob's Ginger-Infused Dry Rub
1. Trim spare ribs according to our guide.
2. Drizzle soy sauce and rice vinegar over ribs and rib tips. Sprinkle generously with dry rub. Let marinade for 4 hours, or up to overnight.
3. Light up a small batch of coals, pour into smoker/grill. Keep more coals on hand.
4. Put soaked hickory (or your favorite wood) onto coals, set grill grate on, and put on ribs and rib tips.
5. Be ready with another small batch of lit coals to pour in after the two hour point. Add more wood as necessary.
6. Cook another hour, then wrap spare ribs in aluminum foil.
7. Cook for an additional hour, then open foil and season ribs and rib tips with more dry rub. Wrap back up, take off smoker/grill, rest for ten minutes.