Wings are one of the best things ever. Make these.
Package of about 25 chicken wing segments, rinsed
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 stick butter or margarine
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons medium hot sauce, such as Frank's
1 teaspoon Sriracha (optional, for extra zing)
1 teaspoon honey
1. Melt butter and pour into a large bowl with other sauce ingredients.
2. Mix together and apply rub to chicken wings.
3. Fire up the smoker, with the grill grate closer to the coals to obtain a temperature of 325-350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Cook wings for 45 minutes or until well browned, turning once halfway through. Internal temperature of wings should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Toss wings in sauce until evenly coated.
Though we're not always traditionalists, we at Sizzle Grove like to enjoy wings with celery sticks. It's healthy, it's crunchy, it's refreshing, why not. Serve with your favorite blue cheese dressing if you're into that sorta thing.
You know what goes great with these? A cool glass of NY-brewed imperial India pale ale.