Tuesday, August 3, 2010
We at Sizzle Grove are garlic enthusiasts. Did you know garlic is believed to have an aphrodesiac effect? I mean, as long as your teeth are thoroughly brushed.
Here's a delicious side dish to serve with your favorite barbecue, or to be used in place of a roll for a brisket sandwich:
WHAT YOU NEED:
A big loaf of rustic bread, cut into thick slices
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Small handful chopped fresh parsley
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Mince garlic with a knife, or use a garlic press. Put minced garlic into a little microwaveable dish.
2. Put butter into dish with garlic.
3. Microwave for about thirty seconds, or until butter mostly melts.
4. Stir butter and garlic up, then add in olive oil, pepper, and parsley.
5. Refrigerate for a few hours, until mixture is congealed.
6. Spread herbed garlic butter onto bread slices.
7. Grill, bake, or toast at around 400 degrees Fahrenheit until edges of bread start to brown and crisp a bit.
If you'd like, try other herbs such as oregano, basil, or a combination!
Posted by Nick at 12:35 PM